Where is Blackpink headed?
简介Will Blackpink continue or will the group disband? Are the members moving to a different label or wi ...
Will Blackpink continue or will the group disband? Are the members moving to a different label or will they go independent?
Rumors have been swirling as K-pop's biggest girl group and its agency, YG Entertainment, remain silent on the future, despite their seven-year contract having apparently reached the end of its term in August.
On Tuesday, it was reported Jennie and Jisoo had established their own independent labels, though YG Entertainment denied to confirm the reports.
"Nothing has been settled regarding Blackpink's contract renewal or future activity," was YG's latest update on the issue released Wednesday, a reiteration of what it has been repeating over the past few months.
The company responded similarly around a week prior, when another local report claimed only Rose from the foursome had renewed her contract with YG. The rest would find new labels and set aside six months a year for group activities, the report from Sports Seoul stated. YG had said then that "nothing is confirmed and we're still undergoing negotiations."
The reports may sound groundless, but every little move the members make -- or don't make -- is fanning rumors that may hint at Blackpink's future.
Local media even spotlighted Lisa's recent solo trip to Paris. News reports pointed out that, unusually, she was not accompanied by anyone from YG Entertainment, presumably as she had not renewed her contract with the firm.
Rumors also circulated before that Thai member Lisa, who has the biggest overseas fandom among the group, may be in the market for a foreign label.
오세훈 서울시장이 16일 중구 서울시청에서 열린 국회 행정안전위원회의 서울시에 대한 국정감사에 출석해 의원들 질의에 답하고 있다. 뉴스1오세훈 서울시장이 “TBS를 없애버릴 생각인 ...
This week's satellite imagery showed a "dramatic" surge in rail traffic along the border betwee ...
For Seoulites looking for something close to home, the iconic food alley of Chinatown in Jung-gu, In ...
Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
Seoul shares open higher ahead of US jobs data
Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
Korean telecom regulator considers W68b in fines on Google, Apple for violating in
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- NK sports broadcast labels S. Korea ‘puppets'
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- KCON Saudi Arabia 2023 attracts 23,000 K
- Truck crash leaves 2 dead, 2 injured
- S. Korea beats Chinese Taipei for 4th straight baseball gold
- Death toll from Afghan quakes rises to more than 2,000
- [Today’s K
- 외교부, 이스라엘 전역 여행경보 ‘특별여행주의보’ 발령
- Posco on brink of strike for first time
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- Yoon's approval rating at 34.2% with parliamentary elections 6 months away
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- [Today’s K